Welcome

Hi, my name is Monika Henter a singer/songwriter from Hungary, living in the south coast of Uk in beautiful Brighton. I've taken part in and organised different charity events and I would like to encourage my lovely Friends and Fans to join in.
This page contains most of my creative charity work , and some other activities that I'm proud to be part of.

Please feel free to leave comments, get in touch or click on some useful links or donation buttons. Thank you

2011. július 24., vasárnap

Homeless World Cup Fundraising Gig in Brighton

21st July was a very special night for us at The Ouch! Music Club. Followed by 2 weeks of happy-stress and insomnia I finally felt ready and relaxed on the stage. 2 weeks prior the event I didn't have a band, and had no idea about the existence of our drummer Kaf either. Kaf  the lovely guy from Madagaskar joined Ben on bass, Danil on guitar and me to play our very first gig at this special occassion.



I received much support organizing and putting the schedule together, especially from Hungarians in Brighton. Zsuzsa Balogh made pogácsa - the special savoury scones to help us raise money.  Dj János Vizes also popped in to play some tunes after the gig. We got special raffle prizes from the Homeless World Cup itself, such as an offical ball and a T-shirt from the 2009 tournaments in Milan which was signed by Lewis Hamilton.



The venue offered us a bottle of expensive champagne for the raffle, and a lovely young man Paul helped us out with sound engineering. Phill played some wicked Eastern European tunes and many more friends help with bits and pieces on the day.

We had a very special guest Jonathan Regler from Streets Revolution who made a heartwarming speech about how football can change and actually save the lives of homeless people on the streets.




We have made about £70 so far, and will not stop until we can send a reasonable amount as me and Jon agreed - to the Hungarian Team. So, I would like to say big thank you for those who have been part of it, and encourage many more to join the fundraising process by donating on this site. (you can make your donations by clicking on the Donate button on the right)


Our next fundraising gig will be on 27th July (Wednesday) in Brighton. 

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése